UVC Germicidal LED Disinfection Lamps are a scientific innovation that provides efficient and thorough disinfection. This blog will breakdown how disinfection lamps work, what benefits they provide and how they are used in a variety of industries.
How They Work?
A germicidal lamp is known as an electrical light that creates UVC (Ultraviolet C) light, which is a light that disrupts DNA base pairing. This base-pairing causes the formation of what's known as pyrimidine dimers, which then inactivates protozoa, viruses, and bacteria. In addition to this, UVC light can also be utilized to disinfect water by producing ozone.
Can UV LED Lights Kill Bacteria?
Ultraviolet (UV) LED emits light in wavelength of 250~280nm. This wavelength is known as Ultraviolet C (UV-C) light and kill or inactivate microorganisms by disrupting their DNA. UV-C light is considered as germicidal UV.
What Olympia UVC LEDs Do?
- Enable Air & Surface Disinfection, essential for airborne viruses like COVID-19
- Uses Ultraviolet light to break down and inactivate infectious organisms.
- Can produce strong enough UVC light in circulating air systems to make them inhospitable environments to microorganisms such as Bacteria, Viruses, Mold, and other Pathogens.
UVC & The Medical Field?
A germicidal lamp is utilized for the UVC LED sterilizer of tools and workspaces used in medical facilities and biology laboratories. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) Technology uses ultraviolet light to inactivate and break down infectious organisms like bacteria and viruses. This technology is ideal for the medical field to maintain peak sterilization.
Olympia UVC Air & Surface Disinfection?
Olympia patent pending UV air & surface disinfection solutions are designed at optimal disinfection wavelengths close to 265nm to facilitate a healthy and safe indoor environment.
Types of Olympia UVGI Systems?
There's a wide range of Olympia UVGI Systems that a business can find applicable to their environment, with all being suited to meet (and exceed) your needs including:
- The Olympia UVC Surface Disinfection Lamp
- The Olympia UVC Germicidal Irradiation LED Strip
- The Olympia UVC Germicidal Air Disinfection Wall Fixture
- The Olympia UVC Germicidal Air Disinfection Lay-in Troffer
Standout Olympia UVGI System Perks?
Although there's a bevy of perks that come with Olympia UVGI Systems, the significant features are:
- A high UV irradiance intensity
- Long life span and minimal maintenance cost
- Optimal UVC wavelengths of 265nm for disinfection
- Near UVA 405nm safe visible light for bacteria decontamination
- Customized UV solutions to match building’s specific requirements
Olympia UVGI Systems are a step forward in the right direction when it comes to eradicating harmful bacteria. Contact us today for further information so we can make this planet a safer place to occupy.